For the second year, our Math Club and Math Team students will host a middle school math competition on campus on Saturday, October 12, 2019. The event is called the Math Open At Andover (MOAA). Please visit the link below for more details. https://www.andovermathopen.com/ There were more than 100 competitors registered for this event last… Read More
The Telegraph is the official teaching and learning e-journal of the Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Department at Phillips Academy in Andover.
Publications are listed in reverse chronological order.
- A Minute Andover: Financial Literacy Seminar
- 2020 NCWIT Award Honorable Mentions
- Gayatri Rajan ’22 wins Congressional App Challenge
- Students Owning Their Learning
- Angular Speed vs Linear Speed
- In Defense of High Stakes
- Announcing the 2019 MOAA (Math Open At Andover)
- Susan Lee ’19 Takes First Place Award in ASA National Data Visualization Poster Competition
- ARML 2019
- Unused Business Cards Become Menger Sponges
Susan Lee ’19 researched the impacts of formal Sex Education on STI/SSTD’s and adolescent pregnancy in the United States, as compared to that of the Netherlands. Pictured above is Susan and her AP Statistics teacher, Ellen Greenberg. Susan will take home $300 and a plaque, and also earned a plaque for our school. There will… Read More
Please wish our math team well as they head to Penn State for ARML 2019! In the featured photo above, you can see Math Team members playing the mafia game. GO BIG BLUE!