The Tang Institute Lunch & Discussion today was led by instructor in Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science and Tang Institute fellow, Heidi Wall. For the past two years, Heidi has explored ways to help students “own their learning”. During this lunch conversation, Heidi shared the process and impact of focusing on engagement strategies, cycles of feedback, mathematical mindsets, and… Read More
The Telegraph is the official teaching and learning e-journal of the Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Department at Phillips Academy in Andover.
Publications are listed in reverse chronological order.
- A Minute Andover: Financial Literacy Seminar
- 2020 NCWIT Award Honorable Mentions
- Gayatri Rajan ’22 wins Congressional App Challenge
- Students Owning Their Learning
- Angular Speed vs Linear Speed
- In Defense of High Stakes
- Announcing the 2019 MOAA (Math Open At Andover)
- Susan Lee ’19 Takes First Place Award in ASA National Data Visualization Poster Competition
- ARML 2019
- Unused Business Cards Become Menger Sponges
See this fun video of Chloe Epstein’s class demonstrating the difference between Angular Speed and Linear Speed.
In setting students up for success beyond school, is there merit to high-stakes forms of assessment? Read this post by Nick Zufelt, Instructor in Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science and Tang Fellow for the Tang Institute’s blog.