By Ellen Greenberg Four years ago, I created a Twitter account for personal and professional development. It was an entry point for my curiosity in the digital world. I have been teaching mathematics and statistics for more than 20 years after a 6-year career as a computer programming. I found Twitter to be an easy… Read More
The Telegraph is the official teaching and learning e-journal of the Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Department at Phillips Academy in Andover.
Publications are listed in reverse chronological order.
- A Minute Andover: Financial Literacy Seminar
- 2020 NCWIT Award Honorable Mentions
- Gayatri Rajan ’22 wins Congressional App Challenge
- Students Owning Their Learning
- Angular Speed vs Linear Speed
- In Defense of High Stakes
- Announcing the 2019 MOAA (Math Open At Andover)
- Susan Lee ’19 Takes First Place Award in ASA National Data Visualization Poster Competition
- ARML 2019
- Unused Business Cards Become Menger Sponges
Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Instructor Noureddine El Alam teaches students about fiscal responsibility, economic systems, and developing an entrepreneurial spirit for a path to lifelong success in this interdisciplinary course. El Alam also has an encyclopedic knowledge of stock tickers, so we have some fun and try to stump him at the end of… Read More
Congratulations to both Christina Li ’21 and Sarah Chen ’21! Each year, NCWIT (National Council for Women in Technology) recognizes technological achievements of US female students. There are five levels of achievement, with the top two at the national level (winners and honorable mention), followed by recognition at the state level. Out of top 400… Read More
Last Monday, Gayatri Rajan won the Congressional App Award for 6th congressional district, for her app Clarity. I attached a photo of Gayatri receiving her award from our congressman Seth Moulton; here is a link to a video describing her app. Gayatri learned AP Comp Sci A on her own last year and earned a… Read More